AVS warranty information
The following product warranty periods apply for AVS products when professionally installed by IDL’s approved resellers:
- AVS car alarms – 3-year product warranty
- AVS TX4-04 remote controls – 3-year product warranty
- AVS accessories – 1-year product warranty
- AVS Safety Range products – 1-year product warranty
- AVS GPS Tracking products – 1-year product warranty
- Freetrack products – 1-year product warranty
How the product warranty works:
- Your AVS reseller will supply an invoice for supply and installation. The product warranty is provided through the reseller by Import Distribution Limited (IDL). An installation warranty should be supplied by your reseller, please check with them for details.
- If you believe you have an issue with the product please contact your reseller.
- Warranty on installation or service labour, removal and re-installation charges are not the responsibility of IDL.
Warranty terms and conditions:
Import Distribution Ltd (“IDL”) warrants the original consumer purchaser that the product described in their reseller’s invoice, installed in the original vehicle as stated on this invoice, is free from defects in material and workmanship. Should this product be proven to be defective in materials or workmanship during the term of the warranty, IDL shall replace or repair any product or part of the product which IDL agrees is defective, without charge. The product warranty is provided through the reseller by IDL.
Warranty on installation or service labour, removal and re-installation charges are not the responsibility of IDL. If you require a mobile technician to call there will be a call out charge regardless of the cause of the fault.
Any damage to the products as a result of misuse, abuse, neglect, accident, incorrect wiring, improper installation, repair or alteration or installation outside IDL’s approved resellers will void warranty.
Remote control transmitters (with the exception of AVS TX4-04 remotes) and batteries are not covered under warranty.
This warranty shall not apply to any product which is found to have been modified, repaired or altered in any way without the express written consent of IDL. This warranty shall not apply to any equipment or product connected to the IDL product.
This warranty does not constitute a guarantee or insurance against the theft of the vehicle or the contents thereof. Learn more about the Limitations of security systems here.
This warranty does not affect your rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act. All sales are governed by IDL’s Terms and Conditions of Sale.
AVS GPS Tracking:
AVS GPS trackers have a 1-year product warranty when professionally installed by a Import Distributions’ approved reseller or nominated contractor. For warranty and service information for these products please refer to www.avsgpstracking.com
If you are a reseller please see our Returns Policy: